Proud to be a part of the Edmonton community
The Clan MacNaughton Pipe Band was formed in 1972 and adopted the MacNaughton name and tartan because of the Clan affiliation of the band’s first Pipe Major. The band operated as a teaching band until l987 when it changed to a non-competition format, concentrating on public and private performances, parades and Remembrance Day ceremonies. A few of the members have been playing the pipes/drums for over 30 years and have a great deal of experience to pass on to those less experienced players. The band has instructed some of the finest pipers now playing in competition and/or in Grade 1 bands.
While the band as a whole is a non-competition band, we support our members who choose to compete in individual competitions, quartets or as a mini-band.
Contact Us to join the clan. We welcome everyone regardless of your music playing abilities. We practice on Mondays at 6:30 pm at the Edmonton Scottish Society. Just come out on Monday and let us know if there is something we can offer you !!
Scotland the Brave (We played the tune on Robbie Burns night at the Edmonton Scottish Society 2014)
Green Hills of Tyrol (We played the tune at West Edmonton Mall on the Remembrance Day 2013)
1. Robbie Burns Day – January 31, 2015, Saturday
2. Devon Days Parade – May 23, 2015, Saturday – 10:00 AM
3. Legislature – July 1, 2015 Time: 4:45 pm, Wendesday
4. Legal – Fête Au Village Parade – July 25, 2015, Saturday
5. Camrose Parade – Big Valley Jamboree Kick-off – July 31, 2015, Friday
6. Westlock Parade – August 14, 2015, Friday
7. W.E.M – Jasper Place Legion – November 11, 2015, Wednesday
8. St. Andrew’s Center – November 30, 2015, Monday